PopSockets’ General Competition and Prize Draw Terms and Conditions – The Netherlands
Promoter: PopSockets EMEA Oy a limited liability company incorporated and existing under the laws of Finland, business ID: FI28385766, address: Kalevantie 2 33100 Tampere Finland.
Scope of these Terms and conditions
These general terms and conditions will govern competitions and prize draws executed by PopSockets at Facebook, Instagram or any other social media channels managed and owned by PopSockets.
This Prize Draw (hereinafter the "Promotion") will be governed, in addition to the general terms and conditions, by the specific terms and conditions detailed below:
Promoted product/service/organisation: [●]
Eligibility requirements: to be completed, e.g. "Participants must be at least eighteen (18) years old and legal resident of the Netherlands."
By participating, you accept PopSockets' General Competition and Prize Draw Terms and Conditions, and any specific terms and conditions that may apply to the relevant prize draw, to be found here. For a valid participation, you must be aged 18 years and over, or have parental consent.
Duration of Promotion: The Promotion commences at 10:00 am CET on 10/07/2019 and finishes at 23:00 CET on 17/07/2019.
Entry time: You can enter the Promotion from [date and time] until [date and time].
Entry requirements: In order to enter the Promotion, you must follow the @popsocketsnl Instagram page and tag three users in the comment section below the promotion post.
Maximum number of entries: There is a maximum of one participation is per entrant, during the entire entry time.
Prize : The prize to be won is a PopGrip for each winner; (value of the individual prize: 19.99€ VAT incl.]). There are five prize(s) to win for all participants in the Netherlands.
Selection criteria: A draw (random selection) among eligible participants.
Selection date of the winner(s): by random draws: Monday the 22nd of July 2019
Announcement of winner(s): If you are the winner of a competition or prize draw, the Promoter will publish your social media handle and county on https://www.facebook.com/popsocketsnl/ and https://www.instagram.com/popsocketsnl/ unless you notify the Promoter to say you do not want the Promoter to do this. If you do not want your social media handle and county to be published then you must notify us on or before 19/06/2019. You can notify us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
The following general terms and conditions apply to all competitions and prize draws (each a “Promotion”) promoted by the Promoter. By accepting the present terms, you accept to be bound by the general terms and conditions below and the specific terms and conditions detailed above (together the "Terms and conditions").
- Entrants must meet the Eligibility requirements specified in the specific terms and conditions above. Failure to meet the Eligibility requirements will result in an entry being invalid and/or forfeiture of any prize.
- Employees of the Promoter or other third parties associated with the Promotion, along with their families, are excluded from taking part.
- The opening and closing date and time for entries is as indicated in the specific terms and conditions. Any entries received before or after these times will not be accepted.
- In order to enter the Promotion entrants must fulfill the requirements detailed in the specific terms and conditions.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter the Promotion.
- Entries must not be sent in through agents, third parties or on behalf of another person. Such entries are void. Bulk entries are void and cannot be accepted.
- Any entries which are above the maximum number of entries for each method of entry as specified in the specific terms and conditions or which are incomplete, without all the required information, inaudible, incomprehensible, made or received after the deadline for receiving entries has passed, or which are not received by the Promoter or are otherwise not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or the specific terms and conditions that apply to the relevant Promotion, are invalid and will be discounted.
- If you are younger than 18, you need parental consent to enter the Promotion.
- The prize is as specified in the specific terms and conditions. Unless otherwise stated in these Terms and Conditions, only one prize per entrant is permissible.
- The prize will be made available or sent to the winners within 30 days as from the announcement of the winner(s) name(s). Receipt of the prize is subject to winner confirmation, i.e. the Promoter has managed to contact the winner, based on the information the winner provided when entering the Promotion, and received confirmation of eligibility.
- The prize excludes all other costs and arrangements not expressly included in the prize as stated in article 3.1 and in the specific terms and conditions.
- No cash equivalent (where applicable) or alternative prize will be given at the request of the winner and the prize is non-transferable and non-exchangeable. However, the Promoter reserves the right to change the prize or any part of the prize (to an alternative prize or part of the prize of equal or greater value)in the event of force majeure (in Dutch: overmacht). If for any reason the winner chooses not to take up the prize or any part of the prize, the Promoter reserves the right to ask the winner to confirm this in writing and the Promoter will be able to retain or dispose of the prize at its own discretion.
- The Promoter may refuse to provide a prize, or may seek its recovery, in the event of non-entitlement under the Terms and Conditions or an entrant's breach of the Terms and Conditions, fraud or dishonesty, including but not limited to the use of technology when entering the Promotion.
- The Promoter will be responsible for any tax implications related to the prizes.
- Winner Selection and Contact
- The specific terms and conditions above detail the selection criteria on which the winning entry will be selected.
- The winner will be contacted within five (5) business days as from the selection date, as indicated above. By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, entrants grant their consent to being notified of their winner status by the Promoter in the manner deemed most suitable by the Promoter. If the winner cannot be contacted or successful contact is not made within 14 days, or if they fail to provide an address for delivery of the prize or fail to meet any of the eligibility requirements or are otherwise unable to comply with these Terms and Conditions, this may result in forfeiture of the prize and the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify that entrant (without further liability to that entrant) and offer the prize to the next eligible entrant and thereafter until a winner is found.
- Any entrant and/or winner must comply with any directions given to him or her by the Promoter as provided under these Terms and Conditions and with all applicable laws, rules and regulations. Failure to comply with instructions, itineraries, rules, restrictions, requirements, laws and guidelines may result in an invalid entry and/or forfeiture of the prize.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend or foreclose the Promotion with or without notice in an event of force majeure (in Dutch: overmacht) or if the Promoter is otherwise legally required to do so.
- By agreeing to the Terms and conditions, you agree to have your name and photograph (i.e. the photographs that are public on your social network account) featured in publicity materials of the Promoter related to the competitions and/or prize draws, on social networks (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter).
In relation to all competitions and/or prize draws promoted by the Promoter:
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions restricts your statutory rights as a consumer.
- Save where it has breached its legal or contractual obligations, the Promoter does not accept responsibility for any malfunction, damage, loss or disappointment suffered by you as an entrant or participant howsoever arising from participating in a competition and/or prize draw or from accepting any prize, whether due to the Promoter or its employees or agents. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall in any way limit the Promoter's liability for any damage caused by breach of its legal or contractual obligations.
- Subject to 5.1 and 5.2, the Promoter will not be liable to reimburse any costs or expenses incurred in making a competition or prize draw entry.
- The Promoter does not accept responsibility for network, computer or software failures of any kind and has no responsibility for lost, delayed or misdirected entries, when these failures do not result from breach of its legal or contractual obligations.
- The entrants’ personal data is stored for the duration of the Promotion and for the duration necessary for the delivery of the prize(s).
- Any entrant has the right to access his or her personal data, to request from the Promoter as data controller rectification or erasure of his or her personal data or restriction of processing concerning his or her data or to object to the processing, as well as the right to data portability. Entrants also have the right to provide guidance regarding the management of their personal data after their death. To exercise these rights, participants can contact the Promoter at: email@example.com .
- Entrants also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Dutch Data Protection Authority should they deem that the Promoter does not comply with applicable laws or regulations on personal data:
2509 AJ The Hague
+31 (0) 88-1805250
The Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or any other social network.
These Terms and Conditions and the specific terms and conditions for any relevant Promotion, are available on the website of Promoter: www.popsockets.com . The Promoter reserves the right to change the Terms and Conditions at any time.
The Promoter shall comply with the Dutch Code of conduct for promotional games of chance 2014 and the Dutch Betting and Gaming Act.
If you have any questions or complaints in relation to the Promotion or these Terms and Conditions, you can contact the Promoter at: firstname.lastname@example.org . The Promoter will handle your complaint in accordance with its complaint procedure.
If you are unsatisfied with how your complaint was handled, you can contact the Netherlands Gaming Authority at: email@example.com.
All Promotions and these Terms and Conditions will be governed by the laws of the Netherlands.
The competent courts of the Netherlands shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any dispute or claim arising in association with the Promotion and/or these Terms and Conditions.